First I want to mention how beautiful it is outside early in the morning when it has snowed through the night, and no one has blowed, salted, shoveled, driven, or walked on the snow yet. That is what I saw on my way to the gym today. It was so cool. We are expected to get snow pretty much everday for the next week- which doesn't bother me one bit! I'll just stay home and bake!
We (well, I should say I) did put up my Christmas tree. I put it up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It is the same tree we usually put up. John and I bought it our Christmas tree the first Christmas we were married. It's small, but I like it. One day we'll have a really nice big fake tree. Daphne has been really good at not pulling off the ornaments or messing with presents under the tree. On occassion though, she'll come up to me with an ornament that she "accidentally" pulled off and say "uh-oh. uh-oh. uh-oh" until I go with her and put it back on. It's pretty cute.
Daphne update:
Daphne's vocabulary is slowly but surely growing. However, she still has some generic words she uses for multiple things. When she wants something that is out of reach she says "nee? nee? nee?" until you give it to her. she also does something else sort of like it that goes more like "eh? eh? eh?" I have to throw the question mark in there because she has such a questioning tone in her voice when she does it. It makes it sound so funny. She's getting really good at pointing out objects in her books. She can point to all the mommy's, daddy's, doggies, and babies, and of course, barney's, in a barney book she has. She can also point out a few objects on each page of her picture book. She also does the itsy bitsy spider hand movements when I sing the song. She loves doing the hand motions with me. I'm trying to teach her the pop corn popping song now. We're still working on her colors, and some of the letters of the alphabet. But right now she is very into watching Finding Nemo. She would watch it like 3 times a day if I let her. She goes to the t.v. and says "ne-momo?" It's very cute.I'm very excited about the Christmas season. I play my Christmas music all the time and find myself baking a few times a week. My next baking project is mini pumpkin bread loaves to give out as my Christmas goodies. I can't wait- this bread is soooo good. Thanks to Aubrey for the yummy recipe, that was so good, I actually got it from someone else!
I'm also excited to start up scrapbooking again, and can't wait for scrapbooking night tomorrow! Hopefully john will let me go to the scrapbooking store to get some new stuff to use!
I also may start a new cleaning job. Someone from the Scout office that I already cleaned asked me if they knew anyone who does residential cleaning? And of course I had to say "Me!" If all works out like I plan, it will be a good source of more income! yay!
John is busy studying away of course. I'm so proud of him and I hope he does well on finals this term.
That is all for now. And cue pictures:
Daphne "helping" me decorate the tree
My tree... which most of you have already seen.
she's a daredevil
who likes to eat her snacks naked on a blanket...
did they taste as good as they look??? YES! These cookies were SO awesome. I think I'm gonna make them again, and have them be my traditional christmas cookie!
a little big?
watching Nemo with daddy
ready to brave the cold!
Til next time!
5 comments:
Those cookies look yummy! It was fun at playgroup today seeing everyone and you cute Christmas tree!
I don't know how you do it Amberly. You stay so busy, and yet manage to be sane at the same time. You are my hero!
Yay for no schoolwork! Now you can just relax and get ready for Christmas.
What kind of cookies are those?
I am so excited that I saw this post. I ended up with a bag of your chocolate candy cane cookies at the RS dinner and I loved them. They were sooo good! Seriously I need that recipe!
Post a Comment